Glanvac 6 Vaccine
Please note this vaccine is for local pick up only. Please ring our office if you require a quote on postage.
- Glanvac® 6 provides sheep and goats with protection against Cheesy Gland (CLA) and the five main clostridial diseases; black disease, black leg, malignant oedema, pulpy kidney, and tetanus.
- Glanvac® 6 utilises Zoetis’ ultra-filtration technology, which selectively removes unwanted particles during the production process. This allows the vaccine to produce a more targeted immune response in sheep, while providing producers with the convenience of a 1mL dose rate.
- Control of caseous lymphadenitis (CLA) and prevention of enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney disease), tetanus, black disease, malignant oedema and blackleg in sheep, lambs, goats, and kids; swelled head in rams.
- Maintain a high level of disease protection in the breeding flock for the months after vaccination.
- Improve lamb marking percentages by preventing clostridial deaths such as pulpy kidney.
- Improve wool quality and quantity by protecting against cheesy gland.
- Improve meat quality through cheesy gland protection, ensuring export and domestic customers receive a quality product.
Injection (plastic pack): 100mL, 250mL, 500mL
Instructions for use
- Inject 1mL subcutaneously on the side of the neck just behind and below the base of the ear.
- In previously unvaccinated animals of all ages, give a 1mL dose and repeat 4 weeks later.
- Give a booster dose of 1mL 12 months after the two initial doses to confer lifelong immunity against tetanus.
- Give all animals annual booster doses to control caseous lymphadenitis (CLA).
- Where possible give the annual booster prior to the time of maximum risk, e.g. transfer to lush pasture or grain feeding in the case of enterotoxaemia.
- Pregnant ewes: Give previously unvaccinated animals 1mL at the time of joining; repeat at up to 4 weeks before the expected date of birth. Omit the dose at joining in previously vaccinated animals.
- Vaccinated pregnant ewes will pass immunity onto their lambs in the colostrum; lambs should be protected for the first 6 to 8 weeks of life.
- This product can be stored and used for up to 30 days after first opening. On each subsequent reuse, swab the opening with a suitable disinfectant (for example, methylated spirits) both before and after using. A sterile needle must be used each time product is removed. Store unused material upright, at 2°C to 8°C (refrigerated) and in the original cardboard packaging to protect from light.
- Localised swelling may develop at the injection site and a firm nodular lump may persist for some weeks or even months.
Store at 2°C to 8°C (refrigerate. Do not freeze.) Protect from light.
Which applicator should I use?
For Glanvac 6, our recommendation depends on the size of pack you use.
We recommend the use of bottle mount vaccinators if you are mostly using packs of 250ml or less. For cattle, use either the Ecomatic BMV (5ml), or the Masterline back bottle mount (6ml). For sheep and goats, use either the Ecomatic BMV (2ml), or the Masterline F-grip transformer.
If you are using 500ml packs, we suggest using a tube fed vaccinator. For cattle, use either the Ecomatic vaccinator (5ml), or the Masterline V-grip vaccinator (6ml). For sheep and goats, use either the Ecomatic Vaccinator (2ml), or the Masterline F-grip transformer.