Ultravac 5 in 1 Vaccine
Please note this vaccine is for local pick up only. Please ring our office if you require a quote on postage.
Ultravac® 5 in 1 is used to prevent the major clostridial diseases in cattle and sheep.
For the prevention of enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney disease), tetanus, black disease, malignant oedema (blackleg-like disease) and blackleg in cattle and sheep including swelled head in rams.
- Ultravac® 5in1 is a breakthrough in 5in1 technology. Zoetis’ unique ultra-filtration process creates a more pure vaccine that stimulates a targeted response by the immune system. This ensures rapid and effective protection against the dangerous clostridial diseases.
- Ultravac® 5in1 represents a new generation of products. The ultra-filtration of the vaccine means that the recommended dose is 2mL for cattle and 1mL for sheep. This means you need less fridge space and fewer vaccine bottle changes, when vaccinating large numbers of your stock.
|Pack sizes||Dose – Cattle 2mL||Dose – Sheep 1mL|
|50mL||25 Doses||50 Doses|
|100mL||50 Doses||100 Doses|
|250mL||125 Doses||250 Doses|
|500mL||250 Doses||500 Doses|
Instructions for use
Cattle, including calves
- 2mL followed by a second dose of 2mL, 4 weeks later.
Sheep, including lambs
- 1mL followed by a second dose of 1mL 4 weeks later.
- The first vaccination should be given at lamb marking or at 6 weeks of age for calves. A second dose should be given 4 to 6 weeks later. A booster dose given 12 months after the two basic doses of vaccine should confer lifelong immunity against blackleg and tetanus. However, further annual boosters are required to maintain immunity against black disease and malignant oedema.
- More regular doses may be required to maintain immunity against enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney). These are best given prior to seasonal challenge and advice from your local veterinarian is recommended.
- Annual booster doses should be given around four weeks before calving or lambing to ensure that passive immunity is passed onto the new-born calf or lamb via the colostrum (first milk).
- Vaccine can be used for 30 days after opening providing correct storage instructions are followed.
- This product can be stored and used for up to 30 days after first opening. On each subsequent reuse, swab the opening with a suitable disinfectant (for example, methylated spirits) both before and after using. Use a sterile needle each time product is removed. Store unused material upright, at 2°C to 8°C (refrigerated) and in the original cardboard packaging to protect from light.
- Store at 2°C to 8°C (Refrigerate. Do Not Freeze)
- It is important to keep the vaccine properly mixed before and during use.
- For subcutaneous use only.
Caution: Avoid Carcass Damage
- Sterilise all injection equipment by boiling in water for 10 minutes before use. Avoid use of strong disinfectants.
- Maintain cleanliness at all times during vaccination. Take great care to avoid contamination of the vaccine, needle and internal parts of the syringe, by contact with unsterile surfaces or unwashed hands.
- Keep needles sharp and clean. Replace frequently.
- Use the shortest possible needle, not exceeding 15mm in length.
- As far as possible avoid injection of the animals during wet weather or under dusty conditions.
- Only inject this product under the skin. (subcutaneously).
- If possible inject high on the neck behind the ear, i.e. under the skin on the side of the neck (just behind and below the base of the ear). Do not inject at any other site.
Which applicator should I use?
For Ultravac 5 in 1, our recommendation depends on the size of pack you use.
We recommend the use of bottle mount vaccinators if you are mostly using packs of 250ml or less. For cattle, use either the Ecomatic BMV (5ml), or the Masterline back bottle mount (6ml). For sheep and goats, use either the Ecomatic BMV (2ml), or the Masterline F-grip transformer.
If you are using 500ml packs, we suggest using a tube fed vaccinator. For cattle, use either the Ecomatic vaccinator (5ml), or the Masterline V-grip vaccinator (6ml). For sheep and goats, use either the Ecomatic Vaccinator (2ml), or the Masterline F-grip transformer.