Ultravac® 7 in 1
Please note this vaccine is for local pick up only. Please ring our office if you require a quote on postage.
Ultravac®7in1 is used for the routine immunisation of cattle for the prevention of enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney disease), tetanus, black disease, malignant oedema (blackleg-like disease), blackleg and leptospirosis in cattle. For the prevention of urinary shedding of the named leptospires in cattle when used prior to natural exposure and to prevent the risk of human leptospiral infection associated with the shedding of the named leptospires in the urine and from the reproductive tract of cattle.
For the prevention of reproductive tract colonisation and placental and foetal infection with L. hardjo.
- Global studies have indicated that Zoetis’ leptospirosis vaccines are equal to, if not the best in the world.
- Ultravac® 7in1 vaccine provides unique protection by preventing the shedding of leptospires L.hardjo and L.pomona in the urine and from the reproductive tract. This means that as well as the animal being protected from the productivity losses associated with leptospirosis, the vaccine also prevents the animal from contaminating the environment and placing unvaccinated cattle and people at risk.
- Ultravac® 7in1 can be used from 6 weeks of age. This ensures early protection after two initial doses, without the need for expensive additional doses of vaccine to provide effective year long protection. A single annual dose is all that is required to provide on-going annual protection, without the need for six-monthly booster doses. Additional doses of Ultravac® 5in1 may be required to maintain immunity to enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney). These are given prior to seasonal challenge and advice from your local veterinarian is recommended.
|500mL||200 doses (NZ only)|
Dosage and Administration
|1st Dose||2nd Dose||Booster|
|Calves||6 weeks||12 weeks||Annually|
|Previously unvaccinated cattle||From 6 weeks of age||4-6 weeks later||Annually|
When the risk of infection is high, the vaccination of calves can start from 4 weeks of age. However if the initial two doses are completed before 3 months of age then an additional dose should be given 6 months later, then annually
- Store at 2°C to 8°C (Refrigerate. Do Not Freeze)
- It is important that the vaccine is kept properly mixed before and during use.
- For subcutaneous use only.
- Vaccine can be used for 30 days after opening providing correct storage instructions are followed.
- This product can be stored and used for up to 30 days after first opening. On each subsequent reuse, swab the opening with a suitable disinfectant (for example, methylated spirits) both before and after using. A sterile needle must be used each time product is removed. Store unused material upright, at 2°C to 8°C (refrigerated) and in the original cardboard packaging to protect from light.
Caution: Avoid Carcass Damage
- Sterilise all injection equipment by boiling in water for 10 minutes before use. Avoid use of strong disinfectants.
- Maintain cleanliness at all times during vaccination. Great care must be taken to avoid contamination of the vaccine, needle and internal parts of the syringe by contact with unsterile surfaces or unwashed hands.
- Keep needles sharp and clean. Replace frequently.
- Use the shortest possible needle, not exceeding 15mm in length.
- As far as possible avoid injection of the animals during wet weather or under dusty conditions.
- This product must be injected only under the skin. (subcutaneously).
- Inject high on the neck behind the ear, i.e. under the skin on the side of the neck (just behind and below the base of the ear). Do not inject at any other site.
Which applicator should I use?
For Ultravac 7 in 1, our recommendation depends on the size of pack you use.
We recommend the use of bottle mount vaccinators if you are mostly using packs of 250ml or less. For cattle, use either the Ecomatic BMV (5ml), or the Masterline back bottle mount (6ml). For sheep and goats, use either the Ecomatic BMV (2ml), or the Masterline F-grip transformer.
If you are using 500ml packs, we suggest using a tube fed vaccinator. For cattle, use either the Ecomatic vaccinator (5ml), or the Masterline V-grip vaccinator (6ml). For sheep and goats, use either the Ecomatic Vaccinator (2ml), or the Masterline F-grip transformer.