Select G5 Doser
NEW – FREE Introductory Ebook on Water Dosing
In order to provide a starting point for people interested in the subject of Water Dosing, Think Livestock have recently compiled a FREE 23 Page Ebook. This is a great starting point for anyone who is interested in installing a Water Dosing System on farm, but doesn’t really know how to go about. To get the FREE Ebook, simply enter your email in the box provided (and we will send you the download link):
The Select G5 Doser
The Select G5 works in a very similar way to both the Select 480 and the Select 640, dosing at a wide range of water flow rates and at a choice of different ratios, which can be pre-customized to suit the application if required. The big difference is that the G5 doser includes a mains powered heavy duty peristaltic pump which has the ability to dose into high water line pressures up to 6.9 bar (100 psi). The other dosers are restricted to dosing into water lines with no more than around 3 Bar (45PSI) of back pressure.
The Select G5 as a livestock doser
In the livestock sector, some products need to be dosed in terms of mL of product per head over a full 24 hour period. By utilising some alternative software, the G5 can be set up this way if required.
- Automatic setting of dosing ratio (the machine sets it’s own ratio after measuring water consumption for the first 24 hours).
- Unique system of daily water recording.
- Exact dosing of up to 50,000 cattle.
- Water flows up to 25,000 litres per hour.
- Up to 6.9 bar water line pressure.
- No product wastage with sudden increases in water consumption (the doser limits its own dosing in the event of a broken water pipe).
Precision Water Management
Using a computer programmed peristaltic pump, the Select Doser compresses a soft tube to move solutions into watering systems. It accurately and uniformly administers the proper water/product ratio.
- Select Doser performance yields highly accurate dosages all the time.
- Accuracy is 95+ percent, superior to more variable water or electric pumps that can wear out, especially if dispensing aggressive materials.
- Precise dosing results in fewer health problems and faster gains in animal operations.
- Long lasting with minimal maintenance required.
- Unclipping the used tube and inserting a new one effectively renews the pump.
A series of simple on-screen menu commands allow the operator to choose between a number of pre-set allowable dosing ratios. The standard range is between 1:20 (5%) and 1:40,000 (0.0025%) in 15 stages covering all of the normal dosing ratios. The range of dosages is achieved by the Select doser using one of six different sized and colour-coded pump tubes. The correct tube to use is indicated on-screen.
- Additional ratios can be programmed on request up to 1:100,000.
- Total water consumption and current water flow are displayed on the monitor.
- A ‘meter only’ feature allows the Select G5 Doser to act as a water meter when dosing is not required
Still need more information – have a look through these information sheets: